HIAS Kenya seeks a Human Resources Coordinator, reporting to the Country Director and supports the day to day human resources operations of the HIAS Kenya Country Office. The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for performing a wide range of HR duties including, but not limited to, the following functional areas; recruitment, compliance, record keeping, compensation, benefits, payroll and administration.
- Responsible for the implementation of HIAS’ recruitment policies and procedures; including the training of hiring managers
- Develop job advertisements in alignment with HIAS’ job grade structure, policies and procedures, and post jobs locally; ensure compliance local laws and regulations.
- Manage HIAS Kenya’s recruitment accounts.
- Assist with shortlisting candidates by screening CVs, conduct telephone screenings as needed, assist with coordinating interview teams, developing tests.
- Review recruitment documents as they are received and alert the Country Director to any omissions, errors and/or possible challenges.
- Ensure documentation for the recruitment file
- Oversee all background screenings.
- Draft offer letters and employment contracts.
- Assist with the new hire orientation process; preparing the new hire schedule and coordinating with relevant staff.
- Ensure new hires are trained on all HIAS policies and procedures
- Compliance and Record Keeping:
- Assist with the maintenance of HIAS Kenya’s Employee handbook
- Responsible for tracking of changes in labor laws and informing senior management and HQ HR
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete personnel and recruitment files; updating checklist as necessary.
- Assist with HR data management including; coordinating documentation and filing of updates to emergency contact information, address changes, dependent information, marital status etc.
- Prepare HR Monthly and Quarterly reports ensuring accuracy of the information provided.
- Assist with managing timesheets for office, ensuring timely submission, review and tracking of all leave recorded, approval and filing.
- Maintain confidentiality of employee personal data.
- Ensure implementation and annual training of all HIAS policies and procedures
- Compensation and Benefits Administration:
- Work with International HR on performance management processes
- Mange employee leave
- Spearhead annual insurance renewals
- Responsible for monthly filings to government.
- Prepare monthly Payroll ensuring staff changes (new hires, terminations etc.) are accurately reflected on HR Monthly Reports and documentation is complete and filed in the personnel file.
- Prepare and review the monthly payroll as requested.
- Prepare and review final pay statements for staff that are terminating.
- Management Functions
- Develop and take lead in human resource planning in line with the organizational strategy
- Work with senior management and HQ Human Resources Department to develop, refine, monitor and implement human resources policies in line with Kenya’s labor laws
- Ensure all staff understand applicable HR policies and procedures, and be proactive in providing refresher information and/or in educating staff on the policies.
- Take lead in learning and development through identification of training needs to ensure staff advance their skills and knowledge relevant to their professions.
- In close collaboration with senior management team, devise staff care action plans that elevate morale and support the social, physical, and psychological well-being of staff
- Provide organizational oversight of staff medical, occupational health safety and security protocols/policies
- Promote and contribute to a principled, fair, creative, and transparent work culture that encourages staff openness, trust, diversity and engagement.
- Coordinate staff teambuilding, debriefing and workshops that elevate staff motivation.
- Represent HIAS in external meetings and NGO- HR working group meetings.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Undergraduate degree in Human Resources required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Human Resources, Preferably in Management and in Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Professional Membership with Institute of Human Resources Kenya (IHRM)
- Advanced planning and time management skills.
- Advanced communication and customer service skills
- High emotional intelligence and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented, independent and reliable.
- Strong cross-cultural skills.
- Demonstrated interest in human rights and social justice.
- Ability to manage/maintain high levels of confidentiality
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.