H Young & Co (EA) is one of East Africa’s leading construction groups. For over 50 years H Young & Co (EA) Ltd has been building East Africa’s infrastructure in partnership with various international partners making it the contractor of choice in East Africa. With very wide expertise and experience in Civil, Mechanical & Structural Engineering, H Young has a track record in operating in all industries. The company applies its innovative and practical approach to both big and small projects.
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated Payroll Officer/Clerk to work in the day-to-day operations of the Payroll Department. They will be reporting to the IT Manager
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating, and capturing data;
- Update payroll records by capturing changes in deductions, job title and department/division transfers, and any other changes that may occur within the month;
- Prepare reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, and non-taxable wages amongst other reports;
- Ensure employees are paid on time and their payslips are distributed by the last day of every month;
- Resolve payroll discrepancies after analyzing information;
- Provide payroll information when required and address any payroll related complaints that may arise;
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures; advise on any changes required;
- Protect payroll operations by keeping all information confidential;
- Ensure that the company is compliant to all laws that relate to payroll processing;
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Relevant Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in business and IT Fields
- Proficiency in Computer Skills (Word/Excel) Mandatory
- Analytical skills: ability to analyze data from multiple sources
- Must have above Two years’ experience in the same role,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to express ideas and messages clearly, both written and verbally.
- Proactive, innovative, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, self-motivated; ability to work autonomously.
- Collaborative team player.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their application and detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearly indicating Payroll Officer/Clerk on the email subject.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.