The Procurement Officer will be responsible for overseeing the company’s purchasing process and keeping track of stock movements to ensure the entire process is highly efficient and cost effective.
He/She will also oversee the process of improving on and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities of the role:
1. Purchases and supply management
- Research and offer advice on potential vendors.
- Overseeing and Supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department to ensure efficiency in service delivery.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of company equipment, services to the company and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company’s Procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing and approving at the departmental level products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery timeframe, product ranges, quality of products/services etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contract terms of agreement and pricing of commodities.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses and procurement and inventory related reports.
- Forecast supply and demand to prevent overstocking and running out-of-stock (OOS).
- Enter purchase details (vendors’ information, invoices and pricing) into internal databases.
- Place orders to replenish merchandise as needed.
- Track shipments and address any delays.
- Oversee storage of products.
- Coordinate regular inventory audits.
- Liaise with warehouse staff and other internal teams to test products’ quality (status upon delivery and storage conditions).
- Keep updated inventory records.
- BSc. in Procurement and Logistics, Commerce, Business Administration or any other relevant course.
- Minimum KCSE score of B+ and above.
- Professional Diploma in Procurement and Supply (CIPS).
- Prior experience in handling international procurement.
- Minimum work experience of four years in a similar role. Experience in a mid-size/growing company is highly desirable.
- Good knowledge of vendor sourcing practices (researching, evaluating and liaising with vendors).
- Solid analytical skills, with the ability to create financial reports and conduct cost analyses.
- Prior active participation in inventory audits.
- Good communication and negotiation abilities.
Method of Application:
Candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their application attaching their CV by 26th July 2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position applied for as the subject matter.