One of our clients is looking to urgently fill the below vacancy:
Job Expectations and Scope:
The Solar Technician is in charge of troubleshooting the field issues reported by the end-customers regarding the solar home system kit (battery box, router, torch, radio, lamps, PV panel etc.).
The role requires the service technician to train the customer agents on the products operation and installation, additionally he will be the first point of contact for the customer and will be providing support and guidance regarding the solar system kit.
- Troubleshoot various solar system to identify problems
- Be the first point of contact for Rural Spark’s distribution partner regarding field technical issues
- Perform testing, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical systems and solar equipment
- Provide remote/on-site guidance and support to distribution partners
- Provide customer/installer trainings, and advise customers concerning equipment operation
- Prepare accurate documentation and required reports of work performed and parts used
- Assist the product management teams to define and improve customer experience
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in electrical engineering, electronics or Solar Energy
- Experience with and/or an understanding of solar energy systems
- Hands-on experience and understanding of electronic system and components: AC – DC, Power supply, loads, inverters and transformers.
- Demonstrated experience with electronic circuit/PCB handling, troubleshooting, component soldering, electronic equipment’s installation and cabling
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical measurement and troubleshooting tools: Multimeter and Oscilloscope.
- Experience with electronic devices repair like mobile phones or other PCB based devices
- Basic knowledge of PC serial communication, Microcontrollers and Firmware Loading
- Effective communication skills in English and local languages
- Position requires regular travel within Kenya
- Proficient with basic computer software and online platforms (Word, Excel, Dropbox, Outlook/Email)
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Solar PV T1, T2 certification from ERC is an added advantage
Method of application:
If you meet the above qualifications for the job, please send your CV and application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org